Adult Nutrition Education Program
Helping adults make healthy food & PA choices!
UC CalFresh assists limited-resource clients gain the knowledge skills, attitudes and changed behavior necessary to chose nutritionally sound diets and improve well-being.
The adult program is delivered by UCCE staff and community based organizations. Additionally, UCCE staff delivers youth and family-centered curricula. Staff and volunteers use one of several UC CalFresh approved curricula. We provide our curricula and support at no cost when you partner with us!
Our services are offered at no cost to organizations or programs that enrolls CalFresh recipients, applicants, and eligibles on a voluntary basis.
What we offer:
- Direct delivery of Nutrition Education curriculum
- In-class presentations with food tastings
- Bilingual teaching materials (per request)
- Family newsletters and nutrition classes
Contact our office to discuss how we can work with you!
UCCE Cal Fresh Nutrition Education Program
680 N. Campus Drive, Suite A
Hanford CA 93230
(559) 582-5166 FAX
EatFresh is an online resource for CalFresh (SNAP, or food stamps) eligible individuals and families, though this website is a great resource for anyone who wants to improve their health. Our goals for this website are:
- To encourage cooking at home with fresh foods and minimally processed non-perishables
- To show users that healthy change happens even though barriers exist
- To better understand the link between lifestyle/diet choices with the prevention of chronic diseases