UCCE Kings County
680 Campus Drive
Hanford, CA 93230
Phone: (559) 852-2730
Fax: (559) 582-5166
How to Find Us - Map
Returning Adult Volunteers
Step 1: Contact the Club Leader.
Let the club leader know that you would like to return and continue to lead previous and/or new project(s). Refer to the Kings County 4-H Club List for club leader contact information.
Step 2: Submit 4-H Adult Volunteer Re-Application in the 4-H Online enrollment system.
Log into the 4-H Online enrollment system using your previous family profile. Do NOT create a new profile! Update your profile information and ensure that your family email address in the system is correct and one you check regularly; ALL 4-H correspondence will be sent to this email address.
After submitting your profile, check your family email for information on the next steps to becoming an approved volunteer. The enrollment key for the required eXtension training is included in this email. If you do not receive an email, please verify that the email you entered in 4-H Online is correct and notify the 4-H Office if additional help is needed.
- The 4-H Online 2.0 Family Enrollment Guide will give you step by step guidance to enroll in 4-H Online.
- Consult the Family Login & Enrolling an Adult Volunteer video for assistance.
Step 3: Complete the required Returning Volunteers Training in the online eXtension system.
For direct links to the instructions and eXtension courses, please see the CA 4-H Learning and Development page. If you are having trouble with the eXtension site or course, please Request Help using this link from the CA 4-H Learning and Development page.
If you have created your account and already have your county enrollment key, (refer to the email sent by the 4-H Online system after re-enrolling for the enrollment key if needed) you can access the Returning Volunteer Training by clicking the link below.
2022-2023 California Returning Volunteer Course - approx. 20 minutes
Step 4: Submit enrollment fees.
The County Director reviews and approves 4-H volunteer appointments/re-appointments once the Adult Volunteer process is complete.
- If approved, notification of your 4-H adult volunteer appointment will be sent from 4-H Online. If no email address is available, a letter will be sent by mail from the County Director.
- If there are any limitations on the appointment, a letter will be sent from the County Director outlining the limitations of the appointment.
- If not approved, a letter will be sent to the application from the County Director.
Once you are approved and your membership is active:
- Start connecting with 4-H families about your new role.
- Participate in 4-H events and activities.
- Take advantage of 4-H resources:
- Skills development workshops
- Approved curriculum to plan your projects
- Volunteer leadership conferences