UCCE Kings County
680 Campus Drive
Hanford, CA 93230
Phone: (559) 852-2730
Fax: (559) 582-5166
How to Find Us - Map
Returning Adult Volunteers
Re-apply annually by December 31
All 4-H volunteers must be appointed annually. If you are a current 4-H Adult Volunteer, to continue in the next year you need to re-apply and be re-appointed by December 31st. Returning volunteers who have not completed the re-appointment process must cease all 4-H volunteer work beginning January 1 until re-appointment process has been completed and the volunteer has been returned to active status. A break in service occurs if a returning volunteer fails to complete the re-appointment process for a full program year (July 1-June 30).
2023-2024 4-H Retuning Adult Volunteer Re-Appointment Process
Step #1: Contact 4-H Community Club Leader.
Be sure to let your 4-H Community Club Leader know which project(s) you would like to volunteers to be a part of for the 2023-24 4-H Youth Development Program (YDP) year, before you complete the re-enrollment process.
Step #2: Complete the on-line 4-H enrollment application.
If you were a 4-H adult volunteer or your family was enrolled in 4-H at any time during the past 5 years, your information from the 4-H Online system has migrated over into the new ZSuite enrollment system.
Please Note: It is very important, if you are a Returning Family, to not create a new Account. You will just need to reset your password. It is important to use the email that was association with your 4-H Online account when requesting the updated password.
- Go to https://4h.zsuite.org
- Reset your password: Click "Forgot Password" and enter your email address.
- After resetting your password from the email link, login to ZSuite. You will have to update your password to a secure password.
- Select “Household” Profile to enroll
- Click "Enroll Member/Volunteer Now"
- Complete all enrollment sections
- After all enrollment sections are complete, Click "Submit"
Training materials and videos can be found on the CA 4-H Resource Center Enrollment page. There are videos for New and Returning Families.
Step #3: Returning Adult Volunteers - eXtension Training
2023-24 California Returning Volunteer Course - The annually required eXtension course for ALL returning volunteers in California 4-H includes the following components for 2023-24:
- Level 2 Reporting Child Abuse & Neglect for UC Volunteers (15 minutes)
- Abuse Risk Management for Volunteers (15 minutes)
- 4-H Orientation (40 minutes)
- 2-Deep Policy Short (3.5 minutes)
The enrollment key for the course remain the same for Tulare county. Please contact the 4-H office for the enrollment key (we are not able to post it on a public site).
Step #4: Enrollment Fees.
California 4-H Enrollment Fees are $67 for youth members and $28 for adult volunteers.
Kings County 4-H youth member and adult volunteer enrollment fees are being paid for by the Kings County 4-H Sponsoring Committee.
Step #5: Enrollment approval.
Enrollment can be approved after the county 4-H office confirms:
- Submission of all enrollment forms
- Completion of enrollment requirements
The County Director reviews and approves 4-H volunteer appointments/re-appointments once the Adult Volunteer process is complete.
- If approved, notification of your 4-H adult volunteer appointment will be sent from 4-H Online. If no email address is available, a letter will be sent by mail from the County Director.
- If there are any limitations on the appointment, a letter will be sent from the County Director outlining the limitations of the appointment.
- If not approved, a letter will be sent to the application from the County Director.
Once you are approved and your membership is active:
- Start connecting with 4-H families about your new role.
- Participate in 4-H events and activities.
- Take advantage of 4-H resources:
- Skills development workshops
- Approved curriculum to plan your projects
- Volunteer leadership conferences