Adult Nutrition Education
Healthy Snack Ideas
Who We Are
UC CalFresh assists limited-resource clients gain the knowledge skills, attitudes and changed behavior necessary to choose nutritionally sound diets and improve well-being.
What we Offer
- Direct delivery of Nutrition Education curriculum
- In-class presentations with food tastings
- Bilingual teaching materials (per request)
- Family newsletters and nutrition classes
Who can Participate
Our services are offered at no cost to organizations or programs that enrolls CalFresh recipients, applicants and eligibles on a voluntary basis.
What We Do
The Adult program is delivered by UCCE staff and community based organizations. Additionally, UCCE staff delivers youth and family-centered curricula. Staff and volunteers use one of several UC CalFresh approved curricula. We provide our curricula and support at no cost when you partner with us.
Recipes and Resources
- Over 400 low-cost, healthy recipes
- Information about how to purchase, store and prepare foods
- EatFresh.org Weekly Text or Email Health Tips (English and Spanish)
- Ask a Dietitian
- EatFresh.org Mini Course (English and Spanish)
The EatFresh.org Mini Course is a free direct education online course that includes 15 nutrition and healthy living topics. Users can take the course at their own pace, starting and resuming whenever it is convenient for them, and can earn up to three certificates of completion. The course is designed for audiences with beginner computer skills and is also mobile-friendly.
Please use this code when you sign up: Nutrition Kings